Four locations have served as the home field for the Thomasville Bulldogs during their long history.
The first football teams at Thomasville High played their home games on the East Side High School campus, in the area where the old home side parking lot used to be and where the visitors parking lot is today. The old East Side High School is now the Cultural Center. With the exception of the year 1922, all home games were played there until the Municipal Stadium was finally built in 1925.
Baseball game at Municipal Stadium in 1938 photo from Vanishing Georgia website.
In 1922, Thomasville played their home games at the old West Side Park in the middle of a horse racing track. It was also called the Pastime Gridiron. This is where Archbold Hospital is today.
Sam Mitchell rushing in a 1944 game at Municipal Stadium.
Thomasville played all of their home games at Municipal Stadium from 1925 to 1948, that is until Veterans Memorial Stadium, the 'Dogs current home, was finally finished near the end of the 1948 season. Thomasville's first game at the 'new' place was November 25, 1948 against a heavily favored Albany team. Thomasville upset the Indians on that day, for the right to face the Fitzgerald Purple Hurricane for the South Georgia Championship.
A very proud Thomasville Bulldog squad would lose a nail biter to eventual State Champion Fitzgerald by a score of 7-6 in that game, but at least they broke their new stadium in with a win the week before.
Thomasville High's Veterans Memorial Stadium, seen here after the 2009 football season, currently seats around 5,000 based on the new 24" rule and around 6,500 based on the old 18" rule. The stadium turned 60 years old in 2008.
(Erected during George Bobo's coaching tenure in the early 90's)
Home Side Stands
THS Dog House
Home Side Press Box
Visitors Side Stands
(Home Side from 1948 to 1972)